Friday, March 9, 2012

I bought a game off e-bay called Syndicate Wars(1996) and I can't get it working, is it compatible with VISTA?

I haven't got any instructions with game so I don't know how to get it working, I explored the disc and clicked on install, it seems like it installs then a window opens and then it says it can't display full screen and stops working, please help if you can?I bought a game off e-bay called Syndicate Wars(1996) and I can't get it working, is it compatible with VISTA?
Probably not Vista doesn't have that good of compatibility with older games. It usually only works with the newer games.
Its too much hassle and bother, just run it on an old rig - it is after all, legacy software.



Run it on a 166-300mhz PC under Windows 95 or better, windows 98.



I gave up trying to get games which were pre 2000 working on my new pc, its cumbersome and boring.



You can get hold of old pc's dirt cheap - so if u havent already got one, try buying one. Or if you want, buy an old motherboard and build an old pc from scratch using old devices/processors/ram etc.I bought a game off e-bay called Syndicate Wars(1996) and I can't get it working, is it compatible with VISTA?
I'm afraid that game works only with DOS.



You can get it to run in Vista by using a program called DoxBox that lets you run old dos games.



You can get DosBox here: http://www.dosbox.com/



It's not TOO hard to configure.
right click the install file and go to properties and find compatibility and check "compatible with windows 95" that should helpI bought a game off e-bay called Syndicate Wars(1996) and I can't get it working, is it compatible with VISTA?
Since it's so old, it might just not be compatible. Remember, 12 year old software and a 2008 computer, don't mix so well!
The game was made over 10 years ago, have a think (Really hard) do you really think it will be compatible?
If the game is from 1996 then it won't be compatible with vista because it too old!

No comments:

Post a Comment